HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hello area Hunters (Read 22813 times)
Glazierman
Ex Member

Hello area Hunters
Oct 30th, 2004, 6:52pm

Hello to all hunters, My forum name is Glazierman I'am an avid deer hunter and wild hog hunter we catch and hunt a lot of hogs right out my back yard.I would like to hear from others in this area and will be eager to chat about hunts Thanks.

IP Logged
qbballn21

Re: Hello area Hunters
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2005, 9:09am

I Duck Hunt back up in the creek of Kritsi Vista.   Everytime we went up there we saw hogs... not just one or two...  but two or three heards.

IP Logged
mideon2000
LTOF Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2005, 1:33pm

we've got a small family ranch in wills point where we catch plenty of hogs as well. every once in a while you'll get a deer, but there are hogs everywhere.

IP Logged
asst_chief
LTOF Newbies

quinlan
Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2006, 11:20pm

hey glazier man i love to hog hunt i have 1 bore and 2 sowes at hom that i trapped in alba,theres no meat like wild hog.

IP Logged
blaser_boy
LTOF Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2007, 12:51pm

hey glaser

hope things are still going well are there any leases for gun hunters close to the lake say when in a thirty min. drive??

IP Logged
Trueghst
LTOF Newbies

What are you waiting
for?

Terrell, Texas
Hog hunting??????
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2007, 5:19pm

I'd love to find a place to hog hunt....never been before. Gun or bow is fine for me...just starting out with the bow however. If anyone knows where I can get a good start or a place for myself and a friend to hunt...please email me!

WWW   IP Logged
bowhunter1
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2007, 10:41am

have you ever hunted deer or hogs at the lake-public land-, if so any success-thanks bowhunter1

IP Logged
glazierman

Duck Cove Area
Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 5:53pm

I live within throwing distance to the public land on  fr 3827 and the animals hide on my property during season. Don't know why it shows I'm an ex- member??? But, they just buried the Lavon water pipeline out here and the wild game is gone.

IP Logged
lolo_onthelake
LTOF Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2007, 9:35pm

I am not a hunter, but my husband and I would like to see a hog in the wild....from a safe distance of course.  Is there a place any of yall would recommend where we could go...besides the zoo Tongue, where we might see a hog in it's natural habitat?  Perhaps a drive where we could spot them from the road???  What would be the best time for viewing?  Sounds silly, especially to all yall that see them all the time, but I've never seen one in the wild and it would be a treat.
Thanks.

IP Logged
DRAKE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2007, 10:01am

It's gonna be  sheer luck just to see them out near the road.  Your best bet would be to walk down from the Public Hunting Areas down towards the lake and river bottom or to take your boat up into the river.  Even then though chances are better that you won't see them.  I run up in the north end of the lake  and into the river by boat fairly often and only see them occasionally

IP Logged
DaSquirrel

Just Gathering Nuts!

Quinlan
Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2007, 10:17am

lolo_onthelake wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007, 9:35pm:
I am not a hunter, but my husband and I would like to see a hog in the wild....from a safe distance of course.  Is there a place any of yall would recommend where we could go...besides the zoo Tongue, where we might see a hog in it's natural habitat?  Perhaps a drive where we could spot them from the road???  What would be the best time for viewing?  Sounds silly, especially to all yall that see them all the time, but I've never seen one in the wild and it would be a treat.
Thanks.  

I have only hunted exclusively for pigs a few times, and all of them that I saw were ferrel pigs.  It was in far east texas SE of Nacogdoches.  I found a creek with a little water, and I followed it until I found prints.  Then I looked for trails where the pigs walked to the water.  Then I sat on the other side of the creek and waited.  Always sit upwind and be perfectly quiet.

I saw a pig on 276 about 2 weeks aog, so you could just drive around also.

IP Logged
glazierman

Duck Cove Area
Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2007, 11:35pm

What ever you do don't go on public hunting land without a permit or you can be fined even with no gun or bow. but I see hogs and deer on the back of 3827 at early mornings and dusk. but to see hogs out of a car is dangerous without a pistol.

IP Logged
lolo_onthelake
LTOF Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - Oct 6th, 2007, 9:47pm

Thanks for all the posts...I really appreciate the info.  As much as I would dearly love to see one of these animals in the wild......I think I would rather be somewhere safe to see them.  I guess I've read too many books about animals/people being hurt....and I believe the are dangerous.  Whenever I'm out walking with the kids and see tracks I have this horrible fear I'll run into some....  I think I'll just wait for one to show itself when I'm out driving or something.  Who knows...that's how I saw my first bobcat and my first bear.  
Again, thanks for all the great info.  I'd love to see a photo if any of yall have one (Im relatively new to Texas).  

IP Logged
thicks
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #13 - Oct 8th, 2007, 6:26am

Look down a few posts on this board I have lots of pics

IP Logged
thicks
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!