Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Duck Hunting (Read 16990 times)
johnabbott
LTOF Newbies

I love Duck Hunting

Duck Hunting
Nov 27th, 2004, 3:21pm

I have never hunted this lake for ducks and was wondering what part of the lake would be good for duck hunting?  Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged
DRAKE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Duck Hunting
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2005, 3:26pm

typically the north end of the lake is more productive

IP Logged
Beverly Baldwin

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2005, 12:40pm

are there any areas that you cannot hunt on at lake tawakoni or any certain time. a lady hollered out at my 23 yrs old son yesterday evening saying that he was illegally hunting. we here other people that live in a cove past us that hunt for ducks all the time....
Thank You

IP Logged
DaSquirrel

Just Gathering Nuts!

Quinlan
Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2005, 11:24am

This will show you where you can hunt:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_w7000_112a_708.pdf...

Tell the old lady that yelled at your son to shutup unless your son was doing one of these things:
1)  If he was within 300 yards of a inhabitable structure
2)  100 yards from a park, darn, or spillway

Other than that, 100 yards past the waters edge is a legal hunting zone.

I own land on the lake, and the deed restrictions don't allow me to hunt.  However, I can hop on my boat and go 300 yards from the closest house and shoot my bag limit.

I would tell your son to be considerate of the nearby landowners.  Hunting is dangerous when the surrounding land is inhabited.  There are many good spots on this lake (I think most are on the North and West side), and if someone thinks he is too close to their house, then I would advise him to change locations, unless he is 100% sure he is atleast 300 yards from the nearest house.

But in this case, I feel that the lady broke the first rule, never yell at a man with a gun!!!

IP Logged
rc.
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2008, 7:54am

I want to duck hunt on the lake, but i heard you had to get type two permit does any one know thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print