Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
water level (Read 8531 times)
TxJole

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: water level
Reply #45 - Jul 21st, 2006, 1:11pm

I don't think Elmo lake was a huge draw for the sub-division. Elmo water is ground water from Able Springs.

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #46 - Jul 21st, 2006, 1:37pm

I think it comes back to the same issue that people on Ray Hubbard use water from Lavon. Why not use some of Hubbards water?? All we can do is pray for rain and lots of it. Forney is growing like Frisco did and they get thier water from lavon as well..... too much growth. But, back in the 50s noone could have predicted the explosion!!!!!

There is always a rain dance... After all it is TAWAKONI!

IP Logged
TxJole

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #47 - Jul 21st, 2006, 2:04pm

Talking to some people on Hubbard, they would like to see alittle more water taken out of the lake to repair sea walls and boat ramps. While people around Tawakoni sit on thier thumbs hoping it rains so the water will cover the trash back up. They should be investing some money in boat ramp so next year or the year after they are still backing boats in and making some money. Like the state park did last low spell. As long as that pump house intake is under water they will pump! Thats what the lake was built for.

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #48 - Jul 21st, 2006, 2:27pm

WELLL, not all of us are sitting on our thumbs. I have an open repair permit with SRA as we speak... just been too darn hot to finish the dock. I pick up my trash and a few weeks back the trash of others.

It's just too bad that those who don't care give the rest of us a bad name.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!!!!

IP Logged
TxJole

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #49 - Jul 21st, 2006, 2:32pm

You are right, alot of home owners do care. But the marinas sure don't. Look at Sneaky Petes on Lewisville they took this lower water condition to truck in 40k worth of Flordia white beach sand. That will pay off double for them when the rains come.

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #50 - Jul 21st, 2006, 2:38pm

TRUE.... but you can't get these people around here to see the advantage ...... YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!

I think ultimately it is SRA who needs to tighten the guidelines for commercial property, by making them maintain it and update it.

But we know that won't happen, cause thier all neighbors and buddies and blah blah blah... Well, I guess if all the water is gone, and they stop getting money to sit on thier butts, they will do some enforcing or regulation changing. By then everyone will have moved to a lake with water in it and nice facilities!

IP Logged
TxJole

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #51 - Jul 21st, 2006, 2:52pm

[quote author=melndon  link=1143223334/45#50 date=1153510706]TRUE.... but you can't get these people around here to see the advantage ...... YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!

I think ultimately it is SRA who needs to tighten the guidelines for commercial property, by making them maintain it and update it.

But we know that won't happen, cause thier all neighbors and buddies and blah blah blah... Well, I guess if all the water is gone, and they stop getting money to sit on thier butts, they will do some enforcing or regulation changing. By then everyone will have moved to a lake with water in it and nice facilities! [/quote]
Grin State wont let it go dry. Plus the pump station will be out of the water befoe that happens. Problem is the cities need to invest in the lake. Like what Rockwall did. But that come with an increase in taxes. Which over time wouldn't be a bad thing. Might run some of the lake rats out.

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #52 - Jul 21st, 2006, 3:00pm

good concept, but they would just let thier houses delapidate ( did I spell that right ) ? even more so they are taxed on less value which in turn would bring everybody elses values down with them. Of course with growth comes good things, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that Wal Mart will be a knight in shining armor for the people who really care about tawakoni!

IP Logged
TxJole

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #53 - Jul 21st, 2006, 3:07pm

I hope so, I would love to house my boat on the lake.

IP Logged
Mthanna

Reply #54 - Aug 7th, 2006, 6:40pm

Any rain yesterday or today ???

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #55 - Aug 8th, 2006, 8:17am

WE got a little on Sunday, but that's it.  :'(

IP Logged
tbell
LTOF Moderator

T Bone

East Tawakoni
Reply #56 - Aug 9th, 2006, 1:00pm

If I'm not mistaken we are in record territory (low
water level) now...lower than last year.
Coming up on 9 foot low.
Tom

IP Logged
TxJole

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #57 - Aug 9th, 2006, 1:33pm

Money being made metal detecting, from what i'm told at all lakes. No telling how many gold ring lay on the bottom of that lake.

IP Logged
DaSquirrel

Just Gathering Nuts!

Quinlan
Reply #58 - Aug 10th, 2006, 8:44am

I don't know about gold rings, but old tires and batteries are readily available in Hawk Cove.

I picked up 3 old batteries, and eventually took them to a recycle center.  I am consolidating the old tires into what I am calling the "Fish Hotel".  I might sell the GPS coordinates.

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #59 - Aug 10th, 2006, 8:55am

I know what you mean. we pulled out old batteries as well and tires and that is at the sunset shores/watersedge area off 751. never thought of "fish hotel" but it is an idea!

Poor fishies having to put up with other peoples litter and batteries, I'm surprised we don't all have cancer from eating those fish who have ingested the battery acids ETC.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print