Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
big cat caught (Read 8557 times)
catfishman

big cat caught
Aug 28th, 2006, 9:23am

heard that a big blue cat was caught on rod and reel yesterday.  Was told it weighed 44 lbs, and caught up close to the darn...  sure would like to see a pic of that one...

IP Logged
lineburner

Re: big cat caught
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2006, 7:46am

yea it weighed 44 lbs....it was Fishin Polen guide service that caught it.  He usually runs out of Holiday Marina.  I was there when they brought it in.  Real nice fish.  Caught it on shad, up by the dam.  There should be a picture of it there at Holiday.  Everytime I see him, he has big fish...ha ha ha...  guess I need to go fish with him..... Wink

IP Logged
joesph

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2006, 9:28am

I saw the pic the other day....real nice fish...I am scheduled to go fish with him next saturday.  sure hope we can get into a bunch of them....  When I booked the trip, he stated that he lost another big one Monday..  Said it was probably around the same size maybe closer to 50 lbs.  He just laughed and said, "that's why they call it fishing and not catching"..  Will let you know how my trip goes.

IP Logged
fatfreddy
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2007, 2:11am

I caught a large blue the other day. 58 lbs .
I have pictures I just dont know how to post them.
if you give your email I will send them.

IP Logged
DaSquirrel

Just Gathering Nuts!

Quinlan
Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2007, 2:19pm

fatfreddy wrote on Sep 2nd, 2007, 2:11am:
I caught a large blue the other day. 58 lbs .
I have pictures I just dont know how to post them.
if you give your email I will send them.

Where did you catch it?  How Deep? and what bait?  

I have only been fishing on Tawakoni three times this year, and I couldn't find any big cats.  I used shad and nightcrawlers, and all I caught was small cats.

DaSquirrel

IP Logged
Webmaster
LTO Administrator

Webmaster of Lake
Tawakoni Online

LakeTawakoni.com
Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2007, 9:38am

I posted his picture in the Lake Tawakoni Pictures Section: http://www.laketawakoni.com/directory/photos/index.php.  It's labeled "All in a days catch!".

Working hard to keep Lake Tawakoni Online a great resource for both our community and the visitors who come to our beautiful lake.
WWW   IP Logged
fatfreddy
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2007, 2:27pm

All the fish were caught on rod and reel the 2 big fish caught on a very large shad. The smaller ones were caught on danny kings punch bait.   23 - 28 ft deep. The water temp was 87 degrees that day but latley it has been 85 since it cooled off some. catch more in the evenings between 4:00pm and 9:00 pm after that the bite is over latley. I wont say where on this board but will give helpful advice in person. I have a red and white '73 terry bass boat with a white jhonson motor if you see ask me. I usally put in around 2 mile or the river authority ramp next to holiday mairina.

IP Logged
DRAKE

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2007, 2:47pm

David Hansen "Little D's Guide Service" catches lots of big blues.  Here's a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXgAKGD1ND0&NR

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print