Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
quinlan fire dept (Read 9926 times)
asst_chief
LTOF Newbies

quinlan
quinlan fire dept
Dec 29th, 2006, 8:51pm

hey folks im looking for your opinions about the fire dept,i really care about your opinions,and if you have any questions i can help.please responed,any comments are welcome,even if theyre necative.

IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Re: quinlan fire dept
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2007, 7:30am

I don't know of anything to tell you. Have not heard much about the QFD. My area is served by Tawakoni South. They always do things to involve the community. Maybe that is your answer, involve the communtiy more.

IP Logged
Honey4evr
LTOF Newbies

Resident of Mtn View
Club

Texas
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2007, 9:00am

Since the house next door to me burned to the ground yesterday, and yet they were able to save mine, which took some work with the high winds, I LOVE them.

It was a huge fire with Quinlan, Kaufman, Terrell, Lone Oak, Able Springs, Emory and South Tawakoni responding. They were professional and took great care with my belongings. Thanks to them, I have no internal damage, and only minimal outside damage. We have lots of woods behind all of the houses here, and they stopped the fire from spreading too far into the woods.

Come visit my blog!
http://talesfromtawakoni.com
WWW   IP Logged
BBP
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2007, 1:59pm

I heard about that fire yesterday on the scanner when everyone was scrambeling to get there.  Glad to hear you made through safe.

IP Logged
asst_chief
LTOF Newbies

quinlan
Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2007, 4:50pm

thank you so much for your comment,it means alot to us,were trying very hard to improve or image,and our respone to the community.

IP Logged
Honey4evr
LTOF Newbies

Resident of Mtn View
Club

Texas
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2007, 4:31pm

[quote author=BBP  link=1167450701/0#3 date=1173038388]I heard about that fire yesterday on the scanner when everyone was scrambeling to get there.  Glad to hear you made through safe. [/quote]

Thanks. It was getting pretty close, and parts of the siding did start to ignite, so yeah, I'm very grateful to the VFDs.

Come visit my blog!
http://talesfromtawakoni.com
WWW   IP Logged
pixiechick
LTOF Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2007, 6:56pm

Although I am greatful for all the volunteer fire fighers, I wonder what the wisdom is in receiving assistance on fires from Quinlan, Kaufman, Terrell, Lone Oak, Able Springs, & Emory  when Rolling Oaks VFD is only 15 minutes away from Quinlan.  Some of those other fire departments are a minimum 40 minute drive.  It would seem to me that you would want to utilize the closests departments and as I read things all the time in the Quinlan paper about the Rolling Oaks department, I understand they have extremely highly trained firefighters.  Other than that, I think the department is fine.

IP Logged
asst_chief
LTOF Newbies

quinlan
Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2007, 7:52pm

thank you for your reply,this fire at the lake was not our fire we were not in command,so we did not have the authority to call rolling oaks,i agree they are a great fire dept,and at quinlan we try to call the closest,so i cant answer why tey were not called,but they should have been.

IP Logged
5th grader

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #8 - Dec 23rd, 2008, 8:13am

You wrote

hey folks im looking for your opinions about the fire dept,i really care about your opinions,and if you have any questions i can help.please responed,any comments are welcome,even if theyre necative.

I don't know a lot about the Quinlan Fire Dept but I did go to a "see it" there with some cub scouts a couple years  ago. Maybe you are who we saw, maybe not but the man looked disheveled right down to his pants being unzipped. This after many cancellations, unreturned phone calls ect. Public image is huge when looking for public support, especially when you are servicing an area with so little pride (or so it would seem). Tawakoni South is involved with the community and we return the favor every chance we get, those guys live here and they really care and conduct themselves in a professional manner when out on call... we are proud to have them.
Look in to working with the members in your service area that care, you will find they will help if asked. Don't give up no matter how disheartening it seems, quitters never win. Wink
Good Luck to you and Thanks for the job you do.

IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #9 - Dec 23rd, 2008, 9:26am

Hay Asst_Chief..I am not in Quinlan..But I  give you an At-A-Boy keep up the good work, your comunity needs you  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print