Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hawk Cove (Read 8233 times)
R.Gold
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Hawk Cove
Sep 03rd, 2007, 8:05pm

Is anybody as upset by the goings on in this little addition that a few people got together and decided to call a City???????????? Sad

IP Logged
Webmaster
LTO Administrator

Webmaster of Lake
Tawakoni Online

LakeTawakoni.com
Re: Hawk Cove
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2007, 8:01am

I'm not up to date on what is happening in Hawk Cove.  Can you fill us in?

Working hard to keep Lake Tawakoni Online a great resource for both our community and the visitors who come to our beautiful lake.
WWW   IP Logged
melndon

Skeeter Rules

quinlan
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2007, 9:36am

I'm not either, but I'll listen if you need to vent. It always helps me.

IP Logged
DaSquirrel

Just Gathering Nuts!

Quinlan
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2007, 9:38am

I am very interested to hear also.

Please vent.

Are you talking about the East side of Hawk cove, where they put in the new boat launch?

DaSquirrel

IP Logged
R.Gold
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2007, 8:40am

Well.........we moved here fifteen years or so ago.  I hear that it was voted to be a city by only three people.  They say that all residents were notified when and where to vote but we nor anyone we know were, all we know is that one day we were living in Whiskers Retreat then the next we lived in Hawk Cove.  They got a grant to fix the sewer lines, because everyone had septic systems.  Nothing was ever done yet we had five new police cars, for our one policeman.  Who is a different guy from time to time, some very questionable as to whether they were really policemen or not.  A year later they have started laying sewer lines and the job they're doing is the biggest mess I have ever seen.  They have no regard for our property even though the lines are just being laid to tie into and not actually on our property.  They are requiring everyone to tie into these lines at a thousand dollars a pop.  The iron bridge is unsafe because it sits on the same supports the old wooden one did that washed away years ago.  The roads are just as horrible as they always were, except the lakefront st.  The town itself consists of City Hall/Police station and a liqour store.  So to sum it up and quit whining conditions are the same or worse than they were here before they (whoever they are) decided to call it a city and taxes jumped like crazy.  I don't know what the benefit is here but it is not showing up at our house.........Thank you, I feel much better. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print