Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I just have to ask (Read 7487 times)
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
I just have to ask
Jun 09th, 2008, 8:59am

Has there been a serious problem with the forums lately?
I am noticing mostly old posts and very little recent  activity.
I had completely forgotten about this board until I needed some info.
Haven`t been here in quite some time. I now remember that is the reason that I stopped coming here. Lack of activity.
With the population surrounding the lake ,not to mention the towns and cities nearby and the county, this place should be crawling with posts.
Don`t get me wrong. I am not being critical, just confused.
I am wondering what we can do to rock the house so to speak.  Wink
I remember at one time I was communicating with the webmaster with the idea that if some fliers/brochures of some sort were printed and sent to me that I would be more than willing to scatter them around the area and places such as Greenville, Terrel, Rockwall etc.
I was told it was a good idea and that I would be contacted.
I`m still up whatever can be done to get the ball rolling.
This should be a real hot spot on the net.

If ya aint fishin ,you aint living
  IP Logged
Webmaster
LTO Administrator

Webmaster of Lake
Tawakoni Online

LakeTawakoni.com
Re: I just have to ask
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2008, 9:40am

I don't know about any problems with the forums.  We have recently upgraded to the latest version. It has helped keep out the spammers.

In the years that I have been hosting this site I have seen ups and downs. I find that a lot of people that visit the lake find the site/forums helpful and informative. As far as locals, it comes and it goes. As I was telling tbell in another post. I have reached out to a lot of private and city organizations and have not had a very good response.

We have always operated on word of mouth. It is time to get more aggressive in spreading the word. I am always interested in feedback on how to make the site/forums better and more useful.

CptJack, I can create a flyer if you and others can help get it distributed. Maybe you have some ideas on what we can put in the flyer.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2008, 11:35am by Webmaster »  

Working hard to keep Lake Tawakoni Online a great resource for both our community and the visitors who come to our beautiful lake.
WWW   IP Logged
jbig
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2008, 10:56am

I just registered as we advertise on this website & have gotten excellent results.  It seems most out-of-towners "google" Lake Tawakoni" and this site comes up as the first one.  It really is great & wish more people did use it for discussion, questions, etc.   Alot of people think of Lake Tawakoni as a "lower class" lake & we definitely need to change that image.  It is a great lake -- and wonderful fishing -- and wonderful people!!

IP Logged
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2008, 4:48pm

Webmaster wrote on Jun 9th, 2008, 9:40am:
I don't know about any problems with the forums.  We have recently upgraded to the latest version. It has helped keep out the spammers.

In the years that I have been hosting this site I have seen ups and downs. I find that a lot of people that visit the lake find the site/forums helpful and informative. As far as locals, it comes and it goes. As I was telling tbell in another post. I have reached out to a lot of private and city organizations and have not had a very good response.

We have always operated on word of mouth. It is time to get more aggressive in spreading the word. I am always interested in feedback on how to make the site/forums better and more useful.

CptJack, I can create a flyer if you and others can help get it distributed. Maybe you have some ideas on what we can put in the flyer.

Thanks.

Hey, that would be great. I am more than willing.
I can certainly understand about the hassles in getting cooperation from the organizations. We went through the same thing when trying to promote a benefit for a young lymphoma patient a few years back.
On the other hand, we had a great response from business owners locally and across the surrounding counties.
I was thinking mostly in terms of posting fliers in high visibility and high traffic areas such as businesses, etc.
Maybe trying to get as much of the info as possible from the site homepage .
Also maybe having something like " Come have your morning coffee and visit with us at Lake Tawakoni Online forums" in some eye grabbing color.
As many residents as we have around the lake , the forums should really be popping if the word can be gotten out in a way to initially get folks here.
I am proud that I finally remembered this site. A great site with a lot of info and connections for us locals and those visiting for recreation.

IP Logged
tbell
Godd Member

T Bone

East Tawakoni
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2008, 9:53am

Not a lot going on round here.
In a way that's good, but I'd like to see
more chatter...just don't have much to say.
Keepin the weeds mowed  Huh
Tom

IP Logged
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
Reply #5 - Jun 12th, 2008, 8:11am

Hehe. T we are all going to be a little busier with the mowing since we got that good rain, but`s that`s a good thing. Smiley

IP Logged
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2008, 10:25am

The ink on those flyers dry yet?  Grin

IP Logged
rc.
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2008, 10:56am

I'm a new member and was excieted to get news and feedback on things on the lake, but lake of post on a daily basis has discorage me from looking for infro.

IP Logged
Buzzard

Brinwood Shores
Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2008, 10:49pm

I've been coming in here since before the new forum, it has it's ups and down as far the activity goes but it has been a little more quite lately.

Don't get discouraged it will get better as people learn about it.

WWW Buzzard   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print