Home | About | Area Directory | Classifieds | Free Email | Site Map

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sabine River Authority (Read 57782 times)
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Sabine River Authority
Dec 02nd, 2008, 11:10am

I would like to hear what people have to say about the folks at the
Sabine River Authority..I have had to deal with them a few times and they seam like nice folk...
We have been here for 6 months now and when we was out on the water we/I have stopped at a few beach and picked up trash a long the shore line :'(..I would hope that all of the people of Lake Tawakoni would care about there laken and not throw trash in the lake.. Undecided
What does the SRA do for Lake Tawakoni?
And what can we do for Lake Tawakoni?
I love it out here, this is the best place in the world Smiley
I will do my part on KEEPING LAKE TAWAKONI CLEAN

IP Logged
EBeast

E

Lake Tawakoni
Re: Sabine River Authority
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:24pm

SRA… my experience with them has been the same.  Seem like nice people doing their job.  But IMHO, the pipeline to Lavon was a crock of sheet.  

As for the trash, I couldn't agree with you more.  Took my 3yr old son for a walk down the (ever-widening) beach this past weekend.  My neighbors and I tend to keep the trash that washes up pretty well cleaned up on the shore front.  But I got a little ways down and the trash got exponentially worse.  

I've been trying to teach my son not to litter and to pick up trash when he sees it.  We get 100 yards and he's picking cans, glass and worse that he wants to throw away, and I've got to tell him sorry son, just put it in a pile for now, since we didn't bring a dumpster with us.  About broke my heart to see such a spectacularly beautiful beach so tainted with years of debris.  Literally trash every few feet. We carried as much as we could back home with us, filling an old pail we found with glass, but I doubt anyone could tell that someone had cleaned up some of it.  

I guess if I ever wander down the shore in that direction again, I'll try to remember to bring a few trash bags with me.  What is wrong with people?  

Anyhow, it's pretty clear that the SRA don't do trash, nor is it any other organization or government's responsibility to keep the lake clean.  This lake depends on individual responsibility and decency... traits that are inconsistently distributed (some might even say uncommon) around here.

E
  IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2008, 6:25pm

Will now that I live out here, The pipe line to Lavon is a crock of sheet also, Dallas is pulling alot of water out of East Texas and I am sure somebody is getting paid for it, I think them people should buy more bottle water Wink

People if you are out on the lake pick any trash you see, It will make you feel good Roll Eyes...I cought some guys dumping some trash just today, call the police they came out, the guys are working on the pipe line on the 276 and the city will pick it up soon, I was told..I hope so are I will get up on a soap box and tell the world...I don't like people dumping trash in my world..I have picked up so many trash bags of other people trash Angry..All they have to do is put it out on trash day and it will get picked up...

IP Logged
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2008, 9:01am

I`ve worked on a few projects that had to be permitted by the SRA, as I told you in another thread.
The people there are pretty helpful after you break the ice and get the ball rolling.

If ya aint fishin ,you aint living
  IP Logged
DaSquirrel

Just Gathering Nuts!

Quinlan
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2008, 10:14am

The SRA folks have been real nice to me.  They have granted all of my permit requests.

They are pumping water from Tawakoni to Hubbard (I think).  I complained a few years back to the SRA, and this is the reply I was sent:

Although current lake levels at Lake Tawakoni are lower than usual for this time of year, the reservoir is only in the first stage of SRA's drought contingency plan.  

North Texas Municipal Water Distrist (NTMWD) plans to have the pump station and pipeline constructed and operational by January of 2008.  By this time the drought may be over.  If not, many other reservoirs around the State of Texas will be in dire straits.  In a drought situation, all lakes will suffer from evaporation that can take more water than water supply customers can take.  Lake Tawakoni is currently loosing ½ inches per day due to evaporation.  Water is a renewable resource and during normal years of rainfall there is adequate water to take care of SRA's current customers and this interim water supply contract.  

In exchange for providing this interim water to help out NTMWD's short-term water supply needs, NTMWD has committed to helping SRA's long-term water supply needs with 33,000 ac-ft of permanent water in the future at a reduced price.  

Hope this answers your question ----

Ann Galassi, CEcD
Manager, Economic Development & Public Relations
Sabine River Authority of Texas
P. O. Box 579
Orange, TX  77631
409-746-2192
409-746-3780  fax
email:  agalassi@sra.dst.tx.us

IP Logged
Buzzard

Brinwood Shores
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2008, 11:41pm

They have always been nice, i just hate seeing the water gone all the time.
I pay 99.00 a year for lakefront access and i only have water there for maybe 2 1/2 to 3 months a year.
When i first moved out here i had water year round and fished as well.
If my property was'nt paid for i'd move to a real lake where i could have my fishing back.

WWW Buzzard   IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2008, 11:04am

Buzzard wrote on Dec 15th, 2008, 11:41pm:
I pay 99.00 a year for lakefront access and i only have water there for maybe 2 1/2 to 3 months a year.
If my property was'nt paid for i'd move to a real lake where i could have my fishing back.

Wow you just get 2 1/2 to 3 months a year! Undecided When we moved out here 6 months ago there was water splashing up on the dock, Now I am mowing around the dock Smiley, But there hasn't been much rain this year, But I can now replace them old rotten boards before the water comes back up.Will the water come back up?

IP Logged
tbell
LTOF Moderator

T Bone

East Tawakoni
Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2008, 9:18pm

Sooner or later, yes it will.
Maybe next Spring.

IP Logged
Duffer

Texan by birth, lake
rat by choice

Whispering Oaks
Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2008, 9:45pm

Buzzard wrote on Dec 15th, 2008, 11:41pm:

99.00 a year is NOTHING compared to the taxes you pay.  A waterfront lot is valued at around 30K when the same sized lot across the street will be valued at around 5K.  Rains county has raised my taxes either by the tax rate or the appraised value every year (5) that I have lived here.   Angry

IP Logged
crappiefan

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2009, 10:03am

sra staff is very helpful and will answer all of your questions

IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #10 - Jan 20th, 2009, 1:35pm

Iron Bridge Division Tawakoni Texas...That has a nice ring to it..I might have put up on the boat dock Thay are a great bunch of guys

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print