HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cane pole question. (Read 5127 times)
Gmoney

I Love TOL Forums!

Cane pole question.
Jun 01st, 2010, 11:26am

I was told this weekend you can fish without a license as long as you are using a cane pole. Is this true? I watched my neighbor (has a license) literally take 8 fish in thirty minutes. All very large catfish. I was amazed. If fishing went like that all the time I may give it a go..

WWW   IP Logged
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
Re: Cane pole question.
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2010, 11:11am

G ,it used to have something to do with if you were using live bait or not on a cane pole. Not sure how the law reads now. You can give Dale a call and get filled in....or they might have that info on the TPWD website.
At any rate the cost of fishing or hunting license goes back into the management of wildlife, lakes and recreation areas. It has risen pretty sharply over time, but still is one of the rare things to do with government that the money actually is used for it`s intended purpose.

If ya aint fishin ,you aint living
  IP Logged
Gmoney

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2010, 10:22am

I was talking to my brother in law and we have decided even though neither of us fish we should get licenses. We spend enough time baiting and prepping poles for the four kids. Our luck one evening while reeling in all the poles after the kids have gone in lake patrol will nab us..

WWW   IP Logged
Rusty
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2011, 9:48pm

I seem to remember that if your 65 or older you can fish with a cane pole with live bait without a FL. Or if your fishing on a private pond.

IP Logged
just fishing
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2011, 8:19am

You now have to have a license for a cane pole. Go to TW&W website for any questions you may have.

IP Logged
just fishing
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2011, 8:29am

MY last post said TW&W sould be TP&W. Here is the link.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/fish_hunt/licenses/fish_licenses/#header...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print