Home | About | Area Directory | Classifieds | Free Email | Site Map

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is anyone else getting mail about prizes? (Read 4741 times)
akwart

I Love TOL Forums!

Is anyone else getting mail about prizes?
Jun 10th, 2010, 10:56am

I got a thing in the mail that said I won $500 and a free vacation, but to claim the prize I would have to drive to Lake Palistine (near Tyler TX) and I'd have to go on a 90 minute tour of the resort. Has anybody else been getting anything in the mail like this? Its from the silverleaf resorts so I'm guessing that their going to try to sell me a timeshare or something. I don't feel like driving an hour to find out that its a scam, so if anybody has any advice then please let me know.

IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Re: Is anyone else getting mail about prizes?
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2010, 12:17pm

Its a timeshire deal..My Bro had one for a while..could have been at the same place..him and his wife like it..

IP Logged
Pawdog

Retired and Tired !

Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2010, 7:06pm

Trash it. You won't see the money, and the vacation will be a three day cruise out of Miami with no airfare included.   Timeshares have been hard hit by the economic situation right now, and are desperate for money.

You'll waste your time, gas, and a good day being pressured into financing a time share which will cost ya about $20,000.00 over a period of years.

If you try to cancel, they will sue you and ruin your credit for non-payment.   Save your money, it's cheaper in the long term to simply use hotels when you want to vacation.  Cool

IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2010, 9:23am

Yep....I wouldn't mess with it..If you want a vaction go to
Lake Tawakoni..I hear that it is great this time of year

IP Logged
akwart

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2010, 9:40am

I'll trash it. Thanks for the advice.

IP Logged
CptJack
Godd Member

Nearest fishin hole
Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2010, 12:50pm

Hehe. We went down to Silverleaf on one of these deals before we moved. Really sort of enjoyed the tour.....but not near as much as I did messing with the high pressure salesman`s  head. Smiley
Did get the expense money though. I think something like $75.00.  Was a nice day`s outing all in all.

If ya aint fishin ,you aint living
  IP Logged
mdwester

Go Fish!

Duck Cove Area
Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2010, 8:25am

I did the same.....

Went to Possum Kingdom lake for the tour.  Salesman had it in his mind that we could not afford lake front so tried to sell us a postage size lot on the golf course.

I said I wanted a lake front, so I could bring my trailer or tent out and spend the weekends until I could afford to build.

He said Home owners would not allow that.

I asked why?

He said, they need to control that area, the last thing some one would want is to build a million dollar home , then some one next door start raising pigs...rules are needed.

I said, I am from IA, my family are pig farmers, what the he!! you got against pig farmers?

He gave me my golf clubs and we left....... it was fun!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print