Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Abandoned Buildings (Read 8404 times)
littlebit
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Abandoned Buildings
Jun 16th, 2011, 8:43am

Does Hunt County or West Tawakoni etc. have laws about abandoned buildings and basic maintenance around them? I am surprised the burned out  building on 276 in West Tawakoni has been left and not torn down.

IP Logged
crappiefan

I Love TOL Forums!

Re: Abandoned Buildings
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2011, 2:49pm

The burned out building (the old smoke shop) is not in the city limits and is in Hunt County

IP Logged
littlebit
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2011, 10:31pm

So Hunt County does not impose fines etc if something is left like that by the owners?  Collin County will have things like that torn down and a lien will be put on the property after a certain amount of time.

IP Logged
New York Fishing Guide
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:43am

I don't think they impose any fines in hunt county. I think government should keep a notice of the same and do something about it...

WWW   IP Logged
littlebit
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2011, 7:53pm

Collin County used to be that way until they decided to clean it up.  Still some areas that need help, but what a difference there is now.  It is a shame that indiv. owners don't just take care of their own places, but I understand the economy is not good.  Would love to see a place where people could go for that kind of help when a disaster befalls them.  Is there anyone in the county that gets reports of county fires and reaches out to make sure that the owner has the right information to get help.  Local towns could form their own emergency relief etc to help.  Of course I am talking about the people who's homes or businesses have burned or  been vandalized or illness etc

IP Logged
jackzxcasd4
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2011, 9:18pm

I don't think they impose any fines in hunt county. I think government should keep a notice of the same and do something about it...

IP Logged
robb baker
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2011, 4:58am

From individual structures to entire communities, abandonments large and small inspire the imagination and tell us things about the past in a visceral way.

WWW robbbaker robbbaker   IP Logged
dkg1
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2011, 3:00pm

Yes that is really bad, we have a mobile home that is literally falling down out by our place. The owner doesn't live there, water and electric cut off and it is being used as the local meth house (using and selling). Most other counties they could condemn it, destroy it, and then seize the land and sell it for the cost of the demo. There by keeping the property values up for the remaining properties while at the same time lowering the crime rate.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print