Home | About | Area Directory | Classifieds | Free Email | Site Map

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterPM to admin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Growth from Dallas area (Read 4916 times)
littlebit
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Growth from Dallas area
Jun 30th, 2011, 9:36pm

West Tawakoni seems to be growing with lots of weekenders and part-timers from the DFW area.  What is the city of West Tawakoni doing to attract people and to promote a positive image.  It seems West Tawakoni is at a place that it is going to grow and WT has the opportunity to decide how it wants the growth to look..  It is a hidden gem, but people are finding it, we did. What is the city doing to promote a healthy growth pattern.

LittleBit

IP Logged
akwart

I Love TOL Forums!

Re: Growth from Dallas area
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2011, 1:12pm

West Tawakoni isn't doing very much to encourage growth. There is alot of corruption with the city leaders and there isn't much money in the city budget. Quinlan will probably expand into a much larger city and West Tawakoni will become nothing more than a suburb of Quinlan. I think West Tawakoni could use a YMCA, a Waffle House, and a post office. Quinlan could use a Home Depot, a movie theater, and a Hooters.

IP Logged
littlebit
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2011, 7:47pm

Want to keep West Tawakoni quaint, but it would be nice for it to show its pride to all that go through it.  Maybe if it's pride was showing evern more, there would be positive visitors that would stop and spend money here.  It is a special place.  A hidden gem for our family anyway;) Think more people feel the same. What a treasure the lake is and to have a golf course here too.  Makes no sense to me that people and business owners don't ban together to bring positive shoppers here and vacation/weekenders.

East and West Tawakoni and Quinlan could work together to make this happen. Focus on small businesses and larger retail outlets for the funds and let the positive growth occur.  Don't get me wrong, don't want to see it grow into a big city, but growth is going to occur and wth a plan, it can slant to the positive kind. Wink

IP Logged
lakedaddy
Godd Member

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2011, 10:45am

Drugs are bad out here, Every little store I have been they sell crack or meth pipes. I never own a gun untill we moved out here..Would love to see some small qualty growth out here and the doper ran out of town. But untill then I will keep the 38 very, very close

IP Logged
tbell
LTOF Moderator

T Bone

East Tawakoni
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2011, 9:53am

I'm sure economic development councils around here are trying, but it is tough in a depression. Plus, we just don't have the population that appeals to business.
I hear the 2 mile bridge is going to be re-done into 4 lanes beginning soon. Maybe that's a start???
Greenville isn't growing much either...look at the mall.
I think we'll have to make do with what we got.

IP Logged
littlebit
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2011, 10:26pm

I hear you.  I just love Lake Tawakoni.  Many good memories from when I was a child and growing up.  Just seems there are a lot of grants out there to help improve our area, like the park grants that were obtained.  Seems like we could take the assets of the area and create jobs and make the area a destination spot.  That would help the economy and make things better for everyone.  Growth will come, it already is.  Seems now is the time to shape the growth so that Tawakoni grows in a positive way.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Slipcork
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2011, 10:55am

Sadly,with growth,will come crime.Meth has invaded our cities,on both sides of the bridge.The influx of illeagle immigrants here is apalling.Gangs,drugs and all the crime that they bring with them is a big problem of these illeagles,not to mention the ammount of money spent on indigent medical care.And where does the money for growth come from?I recently found out that some of the more "prominant" business owners in East Tawakoni have made their money in the drug trade.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print