Send Topic Print
Moving to area (Read 4084 times)
MaxBn
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Texas
Moving to area
Oct 22nd, 2011, 3:42pm

I have bought a place in Hickory Hollow off 751. Anyone know anything about the area? I'm retired so I will be home and well armed.  Cool. Thanks for any info.

IP Logged
dkg1
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Re: Moving to area
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2011, 12:19pm

I have same question, we are going through foreclosure and looking at buying a lot in Waco Bay Estates off of 751. Have heard a lot of bad things about meth use, and theft. Some  of the neighbors were pretty nice that we met, some were down right scary. (good statement for dogs, good fences, and being well armed.) Wife is concerned about the neighborhood...one place looked like a meth house, (no power, no water, falling apart and people in and out every five minutes like they were doing "lets make a dope deal".)

IP Logged
MaxBn
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Texas
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2011, 2:52pm

dkg1 wrote on Oct 23rd, 2011, 12:19pm:
I have same question, we are going through foreclosure and looking at buying a lot in Waco Bay Estates off of 751. Have heard a lot of bad things about meth use, and theft. Some  of the neighbors were pretty nice that we met, some were down right scary. (good statement for dogs, good fences, and being well armed.) Wife is concerned about the neighborhood...one place looked like a meth house, (no power, no water, falling apart and people in and out every five minutes like they were doing "lets make a dope deal".)

You say you are looking at a lot. Does that mean no house hunting? If you are looking for a house, I think there is another in the Hickory Hollow addition and it may be listed with Century 21 in Quinlan. If you need a good realtor, I can give you a name in Quinlan.

IP Logged
dkg1
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2011, 3:05pm

No, already have a five year old nice mobile, just need to get it moved ASAP> do NOT want to be in a park, and locating land with septic and goodies already installed at a reasonable price is a joke. We located almost an acre for a REALLY good price and I am sure that price was because of the decline of the neighborhood. Original list was 18k, been on market for almost five years, argued the guy down to 6800 yesterday.

IP Logged
MaxBn
LTOF Newbies

I Love TOL Forums!

Texas
Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2011, 3:28pm

Is there anyone else on site that lives in Hickory Hollow? I plan to be moved in by the end of Dec. if all goes well.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print